Saturday, May 24, 2014

FINSHED KNITTING PROJECT - DRYER BALLS - SNOWMAN


I've been wanting to make some dryer balls.  I should have taken a picture before I put them in a nylon but forgot to.  But I'm sure what you know how to make yarn balls.    First of all it has to be wool or wool mohair blend (Lamb's Pride) and second wound tightly.  As you can see each ball is secured with a tight knot in the nylon.
 

I think I washed them at least five times in very hot water with detergent.  I could tell when they were done when the space between each ball in the nylon was quite a ways apart and if you look closely you can see just how much they did felt.  They end up being very heavy so out in the sunshine they went today to dry off.  I haven't use them yet but hope to next week and will follow up with the results



My first attempt at actual needle felting.  Not perfect but no snowman is.  I might have to get new twig arms since they don't match very well but that can wait. I think I'll try it again.  I like it.  Has anyone else tried needle felting?




This my hint at starting an infinity scarf.  I attached these little plastic safety  clips to the cast on edge and made sure they were hanging down before jointing my yarn.  So simple and it works for me every time.



Finished scarf.  I probably cast on 200 hundred stitches, knit 3 rounds, purl 3 rounds until I have the desired width.



Flea marketing last week.  Yup two more Polish pottery coffee mugs.  This time I am actually using them unlike the rest of my collection that's just sitting around and collecting dust.



Last week I put new sheets and comforter on the bed.  Chub was watching me the whole time.  I could not believe it when later found her on the bed.  To be truthful I didn't think she could jump that high.

1 comment:

Delighted Hands said...

What a cool way to do dryer balls!!!! I love the scarf-nice work!