Saturday, September 20, 2014

BANANA RECIPE AND WOVEN SCARF


Our daughter is kind enough to come by this afternoon to pick up our old computer, printer, monitor, keyboard and a microwave and take  to the county recycling center in Harrisburg.  So to say thank you I baked her one of her favorite things banana bread.  Now she suppose to share one loaf with her daughter but that's up to her.

BANANA BREAD
3/4 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups of sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup chopped nuts (we like walnuts)
5 large bananas mashed

Cream the first three ingredients together and add vanilla.  Add remaining ingredients and pour into 2 well greased and floured loaf pans.  Bake in a 350 oven for 1 hour.  I have glass loaf pans so I bake mine at 325. 



I finally finished this woven shawl.  Its been off the loom washed and just need to be steamed and the fringe trimed for some time.  But me being me it took quite a while.  I really shouldn't be so darn lazy.

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Hmm, I can almost smell the banana bread! The scarf is beautiful! What yarns did you use?

Sandra Knapp said...

Thank you for the Banana Bread recipe. It looks amazing!!

Love the scarf. Bet it's really warm too. :)

Loree Jackson said...

Yes, inquiring minds want to know... what yarn did you use? Came out great!