Thursday, October 30, 2014

MORE KNITTING


I think I may have posted this before but just in case you're new to my blog I thought I would tell everyone about the idea I came up with years ago.  I bought an old wooden iron board with the idea of displaying an old iron and maybe some vintage clothing on it.  Well that never happened but I found out my drum card fit perfect on it.  Clamped onto the back with plenty of room in the from to draw out any fiber you may have.


I think I mention all the great people I meet at the New York Sheep and Wool Festival one of the many is Laura and her husband John.  She bought some yarn from me and came back with these three packages of sliny acrylic to blend when carding my roving.  I can't wait to try it!  Thanks Laura.


I just got my Hudson Bay sock yarn from Jo Dee at Fishknits Custom Dyed Yarns.  I found the idea from one of my favorite knitters and bloggers, Susan B. Anderson.  Of course now you know I'm going to have to actually knit a pair of socks something I didn't do in a long time.  Oh, well there's a long winter ahead.


I finished my second capelet.  This one of the patterns from the Outlander Series.  I found this pattern at NyanPson  Another one of my favorite bloggers.

I sold two of my looms I had listed on Facebook's Pa Fiber Artists and Farmers.  I'm so happy!!!!  They were not being used and it freed up some more space for other things.  I know for they went to a happy home to.

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Great yarn-I can't wait to see your socks! The callers is very pretty!
I have my career on an antique table but I like your idea so you can stand to do the carding! Cool!

Sandra Knapp said...

Very nice capelet! And what a good idea for an old ironing board! I have my carder sitting on my piano bench! LOL

Loree Jackson said...

Beautiful capelet!