Wednesday, February 18, 2015

ADDI KINGSIZE EXPRESS


I purchased a Addi Kingsize Express Knitter.  Did I need it?  No but I've wanted one for a long time.  So I figured why not I've worked hard all my life and if I want a little something that makes me happy why not?  This hat is worked with two layers.  One assorted colors one a solid orange.   The top is sort of a top knot.


This hat is also two layers, which I like the best. You can do a single layer if you wish but this has a neater finish and much warmer.  I top this one with a  little pom pom.  I think at some point I need to go shopping and get a pom pom maker.


This is something I did off the top of my head.  I was watching one of Margaret's  YouTube videos on fingerless mitts.  This is the first time I saw how you could use waste yarn to start and finish your project and do a single crochet to finish it off and then did another single crochet to attach the two layers.  She was using a smaller knitting machine and her mitts were wonderful.  Ok, so I take her idea (thanks Margaret) and applied it to knitted head bands.  I think the results are really nice.


Another thing I had to re-learn was crocheting.  I haven't crocheted in years.  Again using YouTube I found several crocheted flower "how too".  I did a couple of guy head bands, one gray and one denim blue but didn't think they would like flowers.

Now if it would finally warm up so we could be outside.  For the first time I'm getting "cabin fever".

4 comments:

Loree Jackson said...

Absolutely! I say treat yourself, always. What a nifty machine

Delighted Hands said...

You are really getting the new skills-these are great projects!

Sandra Knapp said...

Very nice hats and headbands. It appears you have been enjoying your new "toy." LOL

Margaret said...

Bravo! I've been working on headbands, too, but with my little machine. When I finish up the tutorial, I'll send people over here to see your option! Excellent!