Friday, March 06, 2015

ADDI HEAD BANDS


Not to much activity around here.  I did manage to get some head bands knit on my new Addi.  That thing is so quick.  It takes me longer to crochet the two sides together than it does to knit them up.

Simple.  I go five rounds with a waste yarn, 40 with regular yarn and another five rounds of waste.  DO NOT CUT the end of your yarn.  You'll need that to crochet the sides together.  Once off the knitter I put wrong sides together and carefully slip stitch with a size H crochet hook the two sides together.  Tie the two ends and weave then in between the layers of knitted fabric.  My crochet flowers are simple too.  Chain six with the same crochet hook, slip stitch to join into a circle.  Chain another six in the circle repeating 8 times for the large flower and five for the small.  I attach a button to the middle of the two flowers and attach to the head band.  I also have made a couple of cowls or neck warmers using the same method only knitting the whole skein of yarn.

Hopefully it will be warming up this weekend.  Imagine spring is just right around the corner.  Thank goodness!!!

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

I'm glad you're having fun with the new knitting machine! Very pretty headbands!

Sandra Knapp said...

From the look of things, you've been having lots of fun with your "Addi" knitter. Those headbands will make lovely gifts too.

Loree Jackson said...

Addi knitter... I'll have to look that up. Sounds neat