Thursday, May 21, 2015

ADDI HEADBAND INSTRUCTIONS AND CRAIG NA DUN


Above is a picture of a headband when it comes off my Addi Express (46 needles).  The first and last five rounds are knit in a waste yarn and 40 rounds of a color you like.  I have it pinned wrong sides together so I can start crocheting the two knitted ends together.


I use a size 10 1/2 or K crochet hook and slip stitch through each of the rounds.  This isn't hard.  You just have to keep in mind that you need to pick up every end loosely and pay attention to the last two where you began and ended attaching your waste yarn.


Once you finished the head band should look like this.


I added a button and charm to this one.  You can crochet flowers, ribbons or decorate any way you wish.  If you're making one for a guy I wouldn't add anything to the side.


This hat is made with the same yarn.  I used one whole ball of yarn and finished it with a little puffy on top.




This is the back of my Craig Na Dun shawl from the Outlanders series.  The cables are suppose to represent the standing stones.  Colors are spot on.




Front of my shawl.  I can't decide if I like it or not.  First time I knit a reversible cable.



So does it look like the stones?  Colors sure do.  Love this show.  This photo is on my desk top.

4 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

The head bands are nice-I liked seeing how they come off the loom with the waste yarn, too. The shawl is so pretty-and yes, it looks like the picture!

Theresa said...

Well, I love your shawl, I think it is gorgeous and it does certainly look like the stones! Great headgear too. Planning ahead for snow season I see. ;-)

Sandra Knapp said...

Great job on the shawl. Very pretty too.

I really like that headband, and the way you closed it off was amazing. What a nice neat edge that made too. I never would have thought of doing that myself. I just learned something new, reading your post. Isn't that great? I've been knitting for over 65 years, and you just taught me something. :) Thank you!

Loree Jackson said...

Very nifty! I think it looks like the stones. I love cable knitting